Stay safe on the go and let a close friend or family member know where you are in real time by temporarily or indefinitely sharing your Live Location with them!
Your Live Location is shared with your chosen friends even while you are in Ghost Mode, and you can choose to stop sharing at any time without prompting a notification to your friends.
Please Note: When you enable Live Location sharing, your device’s precise location data is collected and shared with your selected friends even when you have the Snapchat app closed. Collecting this data allows us to share your live location with friends, and improve your overall experience in the app!
To share your Live Location with a friend…
- Go to a Friendship Profile
- Tap 'Share My Live Location' under the 'Snap Map' section
- Choose how long you want to share your Live Location with a close friend or family member (Always, 8 hours, 1 hour)
To stop sharing your Live Location with a friend...
- Go to the Profile of the friend that you want to stop sharing your Live Location with
- Tap 'Stop' under the ‘Snap Map’ section