If you attempt to login to Snapchat and see a message that the account has been permanently locked, it means we've detected some activity that violates our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service, so we’ve locked your account and may have removed your content. If you believe there has been a mistake, you can appeal the decision.
Please Note: Once you submit an appeal, it may take up to 30 days for us to review your case. You can only appeal a lock on the same account twice, ever, so if you’re just following up on your first appeal, don’t submit a new one.
EU users: If you have appealed unsuccessfully and would like to further appeal a decision, you can select any out-of-court dispute settlement body that has been certified in accordance with Article 21.3 of the Digital Services Act in order to resolve disputes relating to our decision. You may also raise any disputes in accordance with our Terms of Service.
⚠️ Important: Watch out for internet scammers who promote fake unlocking services. Only you or Team Snapchat can unlock your account, depending on the situation.
Why is my account permanently locked?
Your account may be locked if:
We detected content or other behavior that goes against our Community Guidelines.
- How to prevent being locked: Avoid sending spam or other behavior that goes against our Community Guidelines. We prohibit spam and other deceptive practices, including manipulating content for misleading purposes or to imitate Snapchat content formats.
We detected your account might be compromised and locked it just to be safe
- How to prevent being locked: Practice some of the ways you can keep your Snapchat account safe.
- We detected suspicious activity on your account (for example, you’ve sent a lot of friend requests to multiple Snapchatters in a short time).
- We detected logins from a banned device.
We detected the use of a third-party app, plugin, or tweak to access Snapchat or Snapchat services.
- How to prevent being locked: Don’t install any third-party apps, plugins, or tweaks. If your account was temporarily locked, uninstall them before trying to unlock it or it may be permanently locked. Continual use of third-party applications or tweaks, sending spam, or other abusive behaviors can lead to your account being permanently locked. Please see our Terms of Service for more information.
If you would like to download your data such as your Memories, Saved Chats, and Friends list, you can follow the steps listed here.
Please Note: Not all locked accounts are eligible for ‘'Download My Data.'