We want to make sure Spotlight is a fun, positive, and safe experience for everyone. Spotlight is an entertainment platform, rather than a space for news or overtly political content. Please make sure the Snaps you submit to Spotlight abide by our Community Guidelines, Terms of Service, Spotlight Terms and the additional, Spotlight-specific guidelines here:
- Snaps should be vertical videos with sound 🔊 Still-image photos, horizontal Snaps, blurry Snaps, and text-only Snaps won’t show up in Spotlight.
- Add a #topic on the Send To page so others can join in or explore more Snaps like yours.
- Highlight your creativity and make every second count ⏰
- Please Note: Snaps must be a minimum of 5 seconds and can be up to 60 seconds long.
- Use Creative Tools like captions, Sounds, Lenses or GIFs to make your Snaps stand out 🤩
- Spotlight supports videos from your Camera Roll, but Snaps created with the Snapchat Camera and Creative Tools are what our community loves to see!
- Keep in mind we want to see your best stuff — and we may limit how many Snaps you can submit to Spotlight within a certain window of time. So pick your favorites!
- Avoid posting duplicate content to Spotlight (Snaps that are currently or were previously live).
- Check out some more Spotlight tips, tricks, and creative ideas.
Avoid Copyright Infringement
- Only post your own original content.
- Use music from our licensed library. Learn more about Sounds.
- Don’t infringe on the rights of others. We promptly remove infringing material reported to us by rightsholders.
- In addition to abiding by our Community Guidelines, keep your Spotlight submissions appropriate for a 13+ audience.
- Gambling, tobacco, weapons, controlled substances, and excessive or underage alcohol consumption are not allowed.
- Don’t try to deceive people, especially when it comes to money, science, health, politics, or your identity (impressions are okay, if they’re good 😜).
- Don’t attempt to sell or solicit products or services.
- Don’t submit sponsored or paid-for Snaps.
- Brands should check out Snapchat for Business or apply for the Brand Profile beta.
- Don’t use attachments or URLs on Spotlight Snaps.
- Snaps from your Camera Roll are allowed but must follow these specifications:
- Vertical video
- Aspect ratio of at least 3:4
- Minimum horizontal resolution of 640 px
- Content should fill the full frame (no letterboxing)
- Cannot feature logos from other apps
Submit your best video Snaps to Spotlight for the opportunity to receive a share of the millions that we’re making available to creators!
Cash Out Your Crystals Award
Learn how to cash out your Crystals Award here.