Two-factor authentication adds a second login step in addition to your Snapchat username and password.
When two-factor authentication is turned on and you log in on a new device, you’ll be asked to enter a Login Code.
You will lose access to your account if you have enabled Two-Factor Authentication and happen to:
- Lose your phone 😩
- Change your phone number 📱
- Restore your phone to its original factory settings 🔄
- Authenticator App Only: Lose or delete the original Authenticator App you used to set up Two-Factor Authentication
Set Up Two-Factor Authentication with SMS
To start using two-factor authentication, you have to do a quick setup in the Snapchat app.
To set up two-factor authentication…
- Tap ⚙️ in My Profile to open Settings
- Tap 'Two-Factor Authentication'
- Tap ‘Continue’ to finish setting it up!
- Select 'SMS' as your verification method
Snapchat can send you Login Codes in SMS text messages to the mobile number that’s linked to your Snapchat account. (Standard messaging and data rates may apply.)
Getting your Login Codes from SMS text messages is convenient, but if you don’t have good mobile service, then you might have trouble!