There are a few reasons you might be having trouble logging in or creating a new Snapchat account. When this happens, you should see an error message that explains what caused the problem and how you can try to solve it.
Here are some tips to get you logged in and Snapping again!
Click to jump to a login issue:
- My access to Snapchat is disabled due to repeated failed login attempts or other suspicious activity
- My account has been locked
- My email or mobile number could not be found
- I’m getting a 'Could Not Connect' error message
- My account has been deactivated
My access to Snapchat is disabled due to repeated failed login attempts or other suspicious activity
- Your access to Snapchat may be temporarily disabled if you have attempted to log in too many times in a short period. If this happens and you’re sure that you have the correct login details, please wait before trying to log in again.
- You may also be unable to access Snapchat from your device if we detect that you are using more than one Snapchat account, and especially if one of those accounts has violated our Terms of Service. If this happens, you may not be able to use Snapchat on your device for an extended period of time. Please try logging in again later, and be sure to adhere to our Terms of Service.
My account has been locked
- A Snapchat account may get locked for a few reasons. This is done to protect the account and keep Snapchat fun and safe for everyone.
- Learn what to do if your Snapchat account is locked.
My email or mobile number could not be found
- Double-check that your username and password are spelled correctly. If the Snapchat username or password is misspelled, then you may see an error message. If you don’t remember your username, ask a friend on Snapchat to check in the Snapchat app.
- Try using a different login method. For example, if you can’t remember which mobile number you used, try using your username or the email associated with your account.
- Try resetting your password with the email or mobile number you think you used.
Learn how to reset your Snapchat password if you forgot it 🤔
I’m getting a 'Could Not Connect' error message
Uninstall Unauthorized Apps and Plugins
- The 'Could Not Connect' error message may be shown if we detect the use of unauthorized third-party apps or plugins. This will stop you from being able to log in or make a new account 🙅♀️
- If you’re using an unauthorized app or plugin, then uninstall it and only use the official Snapchat app.
Please Note: Some apps are allowed by Snapchat. Learn more about Connected Apps that are trusted and approved by Team Snapchat ✅
Avoid Using a VPN with Snapchat
- Snapchatters who use a VPN (virtual private network) to connect to Snapchat may have issues creating an account or logging in.
- If your device is on a VPN and you’re having login issues, try switching to a different network and logging in again 📶
Un-Root Your iOS or Android Device
- Rooted iOS or Android devices can’t be used to log into Snapchat 🙅🏽 You may see the 'Login Error' message if you try to log into Snapchat or make a new account on a rooted iOS or Android device.
- If your iOS or Android device is rooted and you can’t log in:
Un-root your iOS or Android device
Uninstall third-party apps and plugins
Reinstall the official Snapchat app
- Contact your device manufacturer if you need further assistance.
My account has been deactivated
Reactivate Your Deleted Account
- If you deleted your Snapchat account less than 30 days ago, then you can still log in using your username and password to reactivate it.
- You can’t log into a deactivated account using your email address, and you cannot change the password associated with a deactivated account, either. You may see a 'User Not Found' error message if you try to log in using your email address instead of your username.
- Learn more about reactivating a Snapchat account.
Please Note: If you deleted your account 30 days ago or more, then the account is permanently deleted and can’t be logged into again.