You need to create a Snapchat account before you can use the app. Learn how to download the Snapchat app, create a Snapchat username, and get started.
To create a Snapchat account…
- Download Snapchat for iOS
or download Snapchat for Android 📲
- Open the app and tap ‘Sign Up’ to create a new Snapchat account 📝
- Enter your name and tap ‘Sign Up & Accept.’ Then enter your birthday 🎂
- Create a Snapchat username 🤔
You can only change your username once a year, so choose wisely!
- Choose a secure password 💪
We recommend making your password 10 characters or longer so it’s extra strong.
- Enter your phone number and verify it for account security 📞
You can also tap ‘sign up with email instead’ if you don’t want to use your phone number.
- Find your friends 👯
You can allow access to your contacts to add your friends easily.
If you’re not sure where to start, learn how to use Snapchat.