Two-factor authentication adds a second login step in addition to your Snapchat username and password.
When two-factor authentication is turned on and you log in on a new device, you’ll be asked to enter a Login Code.
You will lose access to your account if you have enabled Two-Factor Authentication and happen to:
- Lose your phone 😩
- Change your phone number 📱
- Restore your phone to its original factory settings 🔄
- Authenticator App Only: Lose or delete the original Authenticator App you used to set up Two-Factor Authentication
To set up two-factor authentication…
- Tap ⚙️ in My Profile to open Settings
- Tap 'Two-Factor Authentication'
- Tap ‘Continue’ to finish setting it up!
- Select ‘Authentication App’ as your verification method
You can get your Login Codes by using a trusted app like Google Authenticator or Duo. These apps generate single-use codes that only work for a short amount of time.
Authenticator apps are a good choice if you can’t always receive an SMS text message — like if you use Snapchat on a tablet, or you travel abroad ✈️
If you lose your device or delete the authenticator app, then you won’t be able to get your Login Codes!
Download an authenticator app: