It is important to have a valid email address associated with your Snapchat account. If you forget your password, your email address can be used to reset it!
Setting your email address:
- On your Profile screen, tap ⚙️
- Tap 'Email'
- Tap the field that says 'Email Address' and enter a valid email address
Now, it's time to verify your email address. Verifying your email address can help you secure your account 🔐 If you have not verified your email address, your settings gear will appear red.
Please Note: Email verification is only supported in the app at this time and cannot be done via the web.
Verifying your email address:
- Tap the gear icon at the top of the Profile screen
- Then, tap your email address in the Settings screen, which will also appear in red
- A verification email will be sent to the email address associated with your account
- Follow the instructions in the email to complete your verification
⚠️ Important: Although you can have more than one Snapchat account, only one unique email and/or mobile number can be verified per account.
For example, if two accounts are created with the same email and/or mobile number and that contact information is verified against the newer account, then the email/mobile number will be removed from the older account.