Here’s how to create a Recovery Code:
- Tap your Profile icon and tap ⚙️ to go to Settings
- Tap ‘Two-Factor Authentication’
(Set up Two-Factor Authentication if you haven’t already)
- Tap ‘Recovery Code’
- Tap ‘Generate Code’
- Enter your password to verify that it’s you!
- Save your code and keep it safe and accessible 🔐
Save this code to an encrypted wallet like LastPass, or print it and store it securely. It’s not recommended to email it to yourself — if an attacker compromises your email, they may be able to obtain your 2FA (two-factor authentication) codes. This way, you'll still be able to log in if you lose your device, change your phone number, or restore your phone to its original factory settings.
You will lose access to your account if you have enabled Two-Factor Authentication and happen to:
- Lose your phone 😩
- Change your phone number 📱
- Restore your phone to its original factory settings 🔄
- Authenticator App Only: Lose or delete the original Authenticator App you used to set up Two-Factor Authentication
Learn how to log in using your Recovery Code!
Important ⚠️ You will be unable to receive a Verification Code or Recovery Code by email. You must have access to your account in order to generate a Recovery Code. It's best to create a Recovery Code as soon as you can, just to be safe! If you have lost access to your account and haven’t created a Recovery Code, then you could be out of luck 😰
Please Note: We do not offer support for lost Recovery Codes 🚨