When you sign up for Snapchat and use our services, we collect certain information from you, like your phone number and email address. We also collect information about you and how you’ve used our services, like which Snaps you’ve submitted to Spotlight and Snap Map.
Click to jump to a section:
- How to access or update your data
- What types of information can I access?
- What information is available in the app?
- What information is available in ‘Download My Data?’
How to access or update your data
There are a couple ways to access and sometimes update most of this data:
1. You can access and update some of your data (like your name, email address, phone number, and Bitmoji) by logging into Snapchat and going to Settings. Just tap your Profile icon at the top to go to your Profile, and then tap the gear at the top to go to Settings.
2. To access other data, like the date your account was created and which devices have logged into your account, you can visit our accounts website or scroll to ‘Account Actions’ in Settings, and then follow the steps below.
- Make sure you're logged into your account on accounts.snapchat.com. You can also get to this page in-app by going to Settings and selecting 'My Data.'
- Click "My Data".
- Select the data you would like to include in your data download.
- Choose the date range of data you'd like to receive or toggle this off if you want to receive all data.
- Confirm the email address you'd like to be notified on.
- Click 'Submit' at the bottom of the page.
- We’ll send you an email with a link once your data is ready to download, or you can view your recent exports here.
- Select 'See exports,' then 'Download' to export your data.
Also, your 'My Data' download will arrive in the form of a zip file. To open a zip file and view the contents, you must have compatible software on your device.
What types of information can I access?
What information is available in the app?
Your key account information is available in the Snapchat app. This includes your name, username, birthday, mobile number, email, Snapchatters you’ve blocked, Memories, Bitmoji, Snapcode, your orders (such as custom Filters and Lenses), information about Spectacles, Shazam history, Snapcash transactions and more.
In the app, you can also update your privacy settings, ad preferences, lifestyle categories, permissions, Our Story management, and Snap Map settings.
What information is available in “Download My Data”?
Here are some of the categories of data you'll be able to find in your 'Download My Data' file. For a more detailed list, please go to accounts.snapchat.com:
- Login History and Account Information
- User and Public Profiles
- Snap History
- Saved Chat History
- Purchase and Shop History
- Snapchat Support History
- Search History