Millions of people from all over the world use Snapchat every day to connect with friends and family. We value our culture of diversity and inclusion and want you to feel supported and heard.
Here are some ways Snap promotes mental health awareness:
- Stickers: Take a Snap and add a sticker to show your support!
- Bitmoji: Add Bitmojis to your Snaps to spread awareness. Try searching 'mental health' and you’ll see yourself wearing the green ribbon in support of mental health.
- Here For You: Subscribe to our mental health resource, Here For You, which supports Snapchatters with resources about different mental health topics.
- Safety Resources and Support: Check out our resource page that can help if you or someone you know needs support, or just wants to chat!
Show Support to Friends
There are a lot of ways Snapchatters can support friends struggling with mental health. Checking in and listening without judgement can help your friends feel supported and loved.
Here are some additional things you can do:
2. Be mindful of the language you use when talking about mental health. Phrases like “you’re crazy” and “act normal” can sound harmful and critical.
Try saying things like...
- I love you. How can I support you?
- I’m really grateful that you trust me enough to tell me.
- Whenever you’re ready, I’m here to talk.
- What can I do to help?
- I‘m here for you.
Avoid saying things like...
- Your life could be worse!
- You’re fine, just don’t think about it.
- You’re being dramatic.
3. Use social media as a way to help destigmatise talking about mental health! Show your support by Snapping your friends!