Learn about the Crystals payout process.
Click to jump to a section:
If you haven’t previously onboarded for payouts with Snapchat, please follow the following steps once you enter the Crystals Hub:
- First, we’ll send you a notification that will navigate to My Profile when opened. When you tap 'My Snap Crystals' in My Profile, you’ll be asked to onboard by completing a checklist that you can access by tapping the progress bar on the 'My Snap Crystals' page. This checklist must be completed before you can get paid. The first item on the checklist will ask you to provide payout info such as your first and last name, email address, state and country of residence, phone number, and birthdate (‘Contact Information’). We cannot pay you unless this information is accurate and your first and last name matches your full legal name as shown on your tax documents or government issued ID. You will not be able to edit this information in My Profile once submitted. If you are under the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction, your parent(s)/legal guardian(s) must also provide consent before you can receive any payments.
- The next item on the checklist is setting up your Snapchat Payout Portal. If you have successfully provided your Contact Information and parental/legal guardian consent forms (if applicable), you’ll receive instructions at your provided email address on how to activate your Snapchat Payout Portal account via our partner, Hyperwallet at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. This email may take up to 24 hours to arrive as we process your application.
- This email will provide a link to create your account and complete these instructions, including taxpayer verification. The email will ask for an Access Code, which will appear in the 'My Crystals’ section of your Profile within 48 hrs after receiving your email.
- Please Note: If you see your Access Code in the Crystals Hub but haven’t seen an email from Hyperwallet for more than 24 hours after you see the access code, please check your Junk or Spam folder or try to resend it.
- Upon successful completion of your Snapchat Payout Portal account, you will see any Crystals Awards in your Crystals Hub!
Now that you are onboarded, you can begin collecting Snap Crystals and make your first Cash Out via the steps below:
- When you are granted a Crystals Award, you will be sent a push notification. Navigate to the Crystals Hub by tapping on ‘My Snap Crystals’ in My Profile.
- When you receive an Award, it will be displayed in the ‘All Activity’ section of the Crystals Hub as ‘Pending.’ Crystals take 14 days from the time of appearance in the ‘All Activity’ section of the Crystals Hub to move from ‘Pending’ to ‘Available,’ at which time they will become available for cashing out.
- After your Crystals move from ‘Pending’ to ’Available,’ your total Available balance will be displayed at the top of the Crystals Hub, along with the USD cash out value.
- Please Note: Crystals Awards are subject to your ongoing compliance with the Community Guidelines, Spotlight Guidelines, Terms of Service, Spotlight Terms, Spotlight Challenges Official Rules, and any other applicable terms governing our Services. Non-compliance may result in the invalidation of pending and/or available Crystals Awards.
- When you are ready to get paid your available Crystals in USD, tap the ‘Cash Out’ button! Doing so will initiate a cash out of all available Crystals to USD that will be made available in your Snapchat Payout Portal. Note that in order to initiate a payment, you will need to have enough available Crystals for at least a $100 USD payment. Please also note that it typically takes an additional 14 days or longer for cash to be sent to your Snapchat Payout Portal after you have initiated a Cash Out.
You may choose to cash out as you please, but note that (subject to your compliance with the Community Guidelines, Spotlight Guidelines, Terms of Service, Spotlight Terms, Spotlight Challenges Official Rules, and any other applicable terms governing our Services) we will initiate a cash out directly to your Snapchat Payout Portal account if you (i) have an Available Balance that has remained unchanged for one year OR hasn’t been cashed out in two years, and (ii) have enough available Crystals for at least a $100 USD payment.
If your accounts are not in good standing or you have not satisfied the requirements outlined above, you will no longer be eligible to receive payment for Crystals Awards after one year or two years (as applicable) from initial award.
⚠️ Important: If you see messages pretending to be an official Snapchat account, report the account immediately and do not provide any personal or payment information to such account. Check out our Safety Center for more information and safety tips.